Friday 3 February 2012

It's The Little Things...

I'd posted earlier about what a bad day Mr C was having. I'm very happy and relived to say that things have turned a corner and we're having a rather pleasant evening after all.

It seems plenty of fresh air, a nice relaxing bubble bath, your favourite music and double helpings of one of your favourite meals can lift the spirits. I made sausage casserole with mustard mash which is a firm favourite of Mr C's. With us trying to keep our diet as healthy as possible, I make the casserole with vegan sauages, a huge selection of fresh vegetables and as little salt as possible. For the mash I used 3/4 potatoes and 1/4 sweet potato with skimmed milk, vegan margarine and a spoon of wholegrain dijon mustard. Even my hardened carnivore of a man didn't suspect he was eating a healthy vegetarian meal!

Fingers crossed the good mood makes it through the rest of the evening and perhaps even on to tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment