Thursday 16 February 2012

Aaargh, FLU!

I've been stuck in bed for a couple of days, suffering quite badly with flu. I normally have quite a good immune system and don't get ill often at all. I guess the recent stress I've been under has taken its tll on my rsistence to nasties! I tend to cook a lot so luckily there was plenty of leftover pasta bolognaise for the family to have for lunch. Dinner time was a Pot Noodle a piece which isn't exactly brilliant but they were happy enough!

My partner doesn't really know how to cook, otherwise I know he'd have taken over meal duties. He's spent most of his life living off takeaways and ready meals. Apparently he can make a pretty good curry, maybe I'll let him loose in the kitchen..on the proviso he doesn't use my Global knives or Le Creuset cookware (of which he's alreally broken one!).  Luckily he's not fallen victim to the flu as he gets his yearly flu jab because of the Hep C, he's a bit chesty and tired so is fighting something off though.

Despite feeling crappy we're quite excited as he has a job interview on Monday and he says he's got a really good feeling about this one. I'm trying hard not to get too excited though as we've been here before - too many times - and I hate the disappointment. If he does get the job, it'll bring a whole new set of obstacles though. It's 12 hour shifts, 8pm-8am or 8am-8pm. That's going to take a lot out of him and not leave much time for us. But I guess he really needs to be out there doing something and getting some selfworth back. The extra money is desperately needed right now too. The cost of everything has rocketed the past few months - groceries, bills, fuel - it's insanely expensive just to keep a roof over your head, not to mention a car on the road

No comments:

Post a Comment