Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Things have been very stressful the past few days, hence my not keeping up to blogging! My daughter started with the Flu on Friday and has subsequently passed it on to my partner and I so we're suffering a little with that. Our relationship also hit a slightly rough patch around a week ago and we've been doing our best to work through that. Thankfully, I'm pleased to say we seem to have come out the other side unscathed!

We don't really do arguements. Neither of us will engage in it as we both know how destructive things said in the heat of the moment can be, so one of us will always remove ourselves from the situation until things calm down. This time it was me that did that by jumping in the car and driving round for a few hours to calm down. Nothing serious set the argument of really, I think we're both just feeling the stress of money troubles, the Hep and my Mums cancer. Add to that our insecurities and low self esteem and we ended up with a a slightly fractious situation!

All's good now though. We've spent a lovely Valentines Day together so far. Mr C posted my card so I had a nice surprise in the post. We gave each other boxes of Thorntons chocolates, I made some heart shaped Scottish Shortbread this morning for my partner and he gave me a lovely rose scented candle in a pretty tin. I also made a helium balloon dispay to go on the coffee table which my little girl was mesmerised by - I have a feeling the balloons will end up in her bedroom by the end of the evening!

My partner is going to see the doctor this week to see if he can get anything to help him with his total lack of libido. It's really starting to get him down a lot these days and he's willing to try anything. Fingers crossed there's something available that will help him. We have a pretty perfect relationship really, but a bit more intimacy would make it even stronger and help us both get over some of our insecurites.

No comments:

Post a Comment