Monday 20 February 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

Well, the weekend and the kids half term holiday are done. We had planned to do a lot of nice family things but none of us were really up to it. Hopefully next weekend we'll do something nice together to make up for it.

Mr C went for his interview at the care home today and he thinks it went very well. They told him they'd let him know by tomorrow lunchtime if he's got the job. Although he already has a concrete job offer, he would be happier with this job as it's a few minutes from our house so he'd save a fortune on travel expenses (the other job means catching 6 buses a day!).

The positivity on the job front has helped keep his spirits up no end. I don't think I've seen him this happy for such a sustained period of time before. I think he's really looking forward to getting out there and being himself again not just the guy with hep sat at home staring at the same four walls. He can't wait to be financially independant again too. I just hope his health holds outand he doesn't end up suffering with the Hep again. He did say today he's more aware now that he has to take extra good care of his body..plenty of water, decent sleep, light exercise, a very healthy diet and no alcohol.

It was my birthday on Saturday, I had a small glass of Cava to celebrate, no idea what to do with the rest of the bottle though! I think my partners biggest test this year will be next month at our first music "alldayer" of the year. If he can get through that without drinking or just having a couple of pints I'll know he's going to be alright.

If you saw ads on here recently, I started using google adsense but they disabled my account today for using the word shit in my blog. I find that a little ridiculous but there ya go. I thought it might be a nice idea to earn a little bit of money as I blogged - every little helps as they say - perhaps I'll use an alternative or maybe just leave the whole ad thing alone...

My partner has been using a Hep C online support group quite a bit recently and he's finding it very beneficial. Another user of the group who's from the UK was telling him how they're taking part in a treatment trial at the moment so hopefully we can get some more info on that and see if Mr C can jump onboard something similar!

Time for an early night, so it's bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment