Thursday 9 February 2012

Putting A Brave Face On...

My last post was meant to be a lot longer! for some reason, my BlackBerry didn't save the entire post so I'll just carry on ;)

I'm dealing with the recent changes to my life in the best way I can; by keeping busy and trying to control what I actually can. I bought some gorgeous red paint and started painting in the living room - just the feature wall - but it looks so much different and little things like this make me feel so much better. I also went online and did a bit of bargain retail therapy, I bought a gorgeous rug, curtains and coffee table for the new lookliving room and a linen set for the guest room. We're having friends come to stay next month for our Anti Racism Alldayer and I thought it'd be nice to revamp the guest room a little. I need to keep busy. If I don't I know I'll just break down in tears and that's not helping anyone.

My partner is still upbeat and proactive. He's being hugely supportive and is feeling positive about things as he got a call from another recruitment agency about a job yesterday. They're checking his referces and will get back to him if he's got an interview so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Unfortunately, nothing came of the call from earlier in the week about the other job - or at least that is what we assume as he's not heard back from either the agency or the company themself.

We'd arranged to spend the day with my parents this Saturday but according to the weather forecasts, we're due a lot of snow tonight and into tomorrow so I might take a drive over this afternoon. My Mum is still refusing to have her lymph nodes biopsied and the hospital need a decision by Friday.

Other than that, we're all feeling well - the healthy diet is still going strong and my partner is still feeling physically better than he has in months which is brilliant. He's still waiting on his appointment with the Consultant at the hospital though.

No comments:

Post a Comment