Tuesday 21 February 2012

Promises, Promises...

My partner had an interview yesterday at a local care home. He was very happy with the way it went and was under the impression the interviewers were quite impressed with him. They told him they'd ring before lunch today to let him know if he'd got the job or not. Well..they didn't ring. We're assuming that means he hasn't got the job but I get so made when people promise to ring or email and then don't bother. It's disgraceful to get peoples hopes ups and then disappoint them like that.

Mr C's positivity has taken a severe nose dive due to this. Not only that but he's been told by the other job that he can't start until his new CRB comes back (he had one done last March so they can see he's no risk, although I completely understand why they want to wait). Unfortunately, Mr C had it in his had that convictions were "spent" after 5 years but it turns out it's 10 years for sentences over 6 months - this now means that he has 2 "unspent" convictions; which could mean he's no chance of employment until 2014 when they will finally be "spent". You can imagine what kind of head space he's in right now. Things are more than a little strained and after a few days of finally starting to relax about our finances, I'm back to panicking again.

I'm not sure if it's anything to do with his Hep or not but my partner has had an upset stomach the past week, maybe a bit longer. I really hope he's not going to end up ill again. His stomach can be very problematic. He passes blood in huge amounts when he's going through a bad episode and it scares me half to death. In fact he spent Christmas Eve the year before last in hospital and I was stuck at home worried sick about him. Luckily he's not been passing blood this time, he just has very loose stools and a feeling of something pressing or weighing down on his lowere left side of his abdomen. Hopefully he'll go and get checked out at the doctors sometime this week.

Anyway, I got a bag of goodies from my best friend today - a belated birthday pressie! My birthday goody bag consisted of a huge box of Lily O'Briens chocolates and lots of pampering bath gels, body scub, body butter, bath bombs and face masks...so I'm going to have an hour of Me Time whilst my partner has some of his own in front of the TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment