Tuesday 7 February 2012

Just When Things Are Looking Up, My World Comes Crashing Down

To say today has been a bad day would be a bit of an understatement  really. My partner woke up in a fairly good mood but that rapidly disappeared when he was reminded by his Social Security payment, of how little money he actually has. It's Valentines Day and then my birthday 4 days after so he's stressing about having enough to buy me something.

This evening I spoke to my parents and they had to break the news to me that my Mum has just been diagnosed with a Stage 2 Invasive Malignant Melanoma. She'd already had the melanoma removed 2 weeks ago but they didn't know it was malignant or that it was as invasive as it is until today. We're all in shock and my Dad is in bits. He's going to convert the upper floor of their house so I can move in to help out if my Mum becomes sick.

It's amazing how much shit life can throw at you when you least expect it. Oh well, I guess the only thing we can do is fight it tooth and nail. I refuse to lose my beautiful Mum to Cancer. And I refuse to lose my partner to Hep C.

Let battle commence .....

No comments:

Post a Comment